WordPress Training NZ. Do you want to know how to fully customise, backup and protect your website? Do you want to know how to unlock the benefits of search engine optimisation? Kiwise Digital provides most comprehensive and effective WordPress courses for you. Learn more from this blog post.
3 Important Things To Do After Installing WordPress
- Delete sample post and sample page: WordPress by default has sample posts and pages after installation. You do not want your visitors to see that the whole website is under construction. So you need to trash it out.
- Configure the title, tag line, and time zone: 1. Log into the WordPress Dashboard. 2. Click Setting in the sidebar->General 3. After doing the changes, then click the “save changes” button.
- Change your permalink structure: Permalinks are actually the permanent URLs for your blog posts, category and tag archives. You can change your permalink structure by clicking Permalinks button in the setting general screen. There are several default permalink structures available. Then you can choose which ones you want like. An example of the default structure is http://www.sample.com/?p=123.
4 Basic WordPress Plugins for Your WordPress Website
- Install Yoast SEO plugin: Yoast SEO offers everything you need to set the perfect structure for search engine optimisation. The set up instruction is quite simple: Click plugins in the sidebar->Type SEO Yoast in the search box->Choose the first option, then click install now ->Activate Plugin
- Install Backup plugin: You never know what may happen and you need to make sure your data is secure. So using the Backup buddy plugin is a great choice for you. It will help your WordPress website backup everything nightly.
- Install Security Plugin: Once you have a backup ready then you are going to need to install a security Plugin. iThemes Security has some really functional settings which make it harder for people to hack in, access to your content, and get your database in those type of things.
- Install a Cache Plugin: Installing W3 Total Cache plugin is very important when it comes to the website speed and loading time of the website. Sometimes speed cannot be improved because it often depends on your hosting environment. If you are on a shared hosting platform there is no way you can improve your own speed. You need to focus on your site speed because Google regards speed as one of the top ranking factors for ranking website pages. A slow website will be penalised in the Google Search ranking.
WordPress Training NZ – Smart Choice for Your Future
Kiwise WordPress Training NZ course walks you through all the common task you will need to perform. We will teach you how to make your website SEO friendly, how to secure your WordPress website, and how to make your website responsive and fast. We cover so many topics in our training services. So it is time for you to take action.